I kind of have a unicorn obsession. They’re just so bright, pastel and colorful! I wanted to do some unicorn DIYs and this is what I came up with! Also you could alter these to another animal or something if you’d like but I love unicorns so…
DIY #1: Unicorn Emoji Notebook
This is definitely my favorite DIY and it’s this emoji notebook! I love the unicorn emoji so much, it’s always my most used…
I had an old notebook that was already decorated but I didn’t like it anymore, so I wanted to redecorate the cover.
1. Start by putting a large blob of glue on the cover, then use your brush to spread it evenly over the whole notebook. Just make sure you don’t add too much, because that could cause bubbles of glue under the paper.
2. Then stick the scrapbook paper onto the glued-cover. Also, put it as close as possible to the spiral if your notebook as one.
3. Next cut around all the edges, as close as you can to the cover.
4. Your notebook should then look like this. You could always leave it like this too.
5. Then put your emoji facedown on a piece of paper and cover the back with glue like you did the notebook.
6. Next stick it onto the notebook wherever you’d like.
6. Repeat gluing on emojis until your notebook is covered.
DIY #2: Rainbow Unicorn Canvas
The next DIY is this rainbow unicorn canvas. Mine turned out a little messy but I still think it’s super cute!
- Purple (or mix red and blue like I did)
- White (if you’d like lighter colors)
1. This is optional, but I wanted to lighten all my colors so I mixed a blob of white paint with each color. I also ran out of purple, so I made some by mixing red and blue with white.
2. Next, stick a bunch of small tape balls -as many as possible- on the back of your unicorn. I recommend adding more than I did my making them small for the smaller parts.
3. Stick your unicorn to the middle of your canvas.
4. Begin painting your stripes onto the canvas. You could use tape to make a straighter edge to the stripe, but I liked it a little “messier”.
5. Continue making more stripes in all your colors. When you paint close to the outline, try to go up and down with the brush instead of side to side to avoid paint going under as much as possible.
6. After you finish, you can go over them again to make the stripes more opaque.
7. Without letting the paint dry, peel off your unicorn from the canvas.
8. Mine definitely didn’t have a perfect line, so I got white paint to do a few touch ups on the places where the paint went under.
Let it dry and then you’re ready to decorate with this colorful canvas!
DIY #3: Unicorn Emoji Pin
The final DIY is this unicorn emoji pin! I’ve seen these in stores before so I wanted to DIY my own with stuff I had at home.
I printed off a unicorn emoji from Google and found a safety pin in a sewing kit. I already had everything else in my craft drawers.
1. Start by tracing your unicorn emoji onto the cardboard and cut it out as close as possible to the lines.
2. Then add a blob of elmers glue to your cardboard outline. Use a brush to spread it evenly over the cardboard.
3. Stick your paper emoji to the cardboard outline and let it dry.
4. Next, using hot glue, glue the safety pin to the back of the cardboard. Make sure you don’t glue down the opening side, by opening it.
You can pin your pin anywhere you’d like, on a shirt, pencil bag, backpack, canvas etc.
I hope you enjoyed this post and have an awesome week!