I ALREADY HAD EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE INGREDIENTS GUYS!! A lot of recipes had things like molasses and specific salts or flours that nobody actually has, so basically I put together a recipe where you most likely have everything already!!
- flour (3 cups)
- ground cloves (1/4 teaspoon)
- cinnamon (2 teaspoons)
- ginger (2 teaspoons)
- salt (1/2 teaspoons)
- brown sugar (1 1/2 cups)
- one large egg
- vanilla extract (2 1/2 teaspoons)
- unsalted butter (6 tablespoons)
- electronic mixer
- large bowl
- measuring cups (teaspoon & cups)
- cookie sheet/tray
- oven ;)
•HOW TO MAKE•
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees (fahrenheit)
2. Whisk together 1/2 tsp of salt, 3 cups of flour and 1/4 tsp cloves, 2 tsp ginger and 2tsp of cinnamon in the large bowl.
3. Using your mixer, first mix 6 tbsp of butter and 1 1/2 cups brown sugar until they are sorta together. (they don’t mix great yet, but do your best)
4. First, crack your egg in a separate bowl (just in case it’s a bad one or leaves a piece of shell), before adding it to the sugar/butter mixture and mixing.
5. Then add 2 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract and continue mixing.
6. Next, slowly add in the dry ingredient mixture to the mixer while mixing until it’s FULLY blended to a slightly crumbly but squishes-nicely dough.
7. Then dump the dough out on a lightly floured surface.
8. Roll out the dough to about a centimeter thick.
9. Use cookie cutters of your choice to cut out your cookies!
10. Finally, put them on a cookie sheet and bake them for 8-10 minutes and there you have your cookies!!
You could also always frost them too, but I didn’t have frosting…
Making cookies with friends is sooo much fun and perfect for winter break!! I think they also make a perfect gift, which is what I plan to do when I make them again!