Washi-Tape DIYS + Ideas!
Hi, it’s Carly and in today’s post I have 3 washi-tape DIYs as well as a list of things you can decorate with it! Washi-tape is so much fun, but sometimes you can run out of new ideas of what you want to do with it so hopefully you get some after reading this.
Let’s just get started with the first DIY!
DIY #1: DIY Diamond Wall Art!
The first DIY is this diamond wall art. It looks so nice and obviously was so cheap since all you need is tape!
I used a light pink tape for mine but you can use any color or pattern you’d like for your diamond.
1. Make one small line of tape and then a bit longer one below it.
2. Then using a small piece of tape, connect the two lines diagonally. Next connect the bottom two lines making a triangle as above.
3. Then began making a chevron criss-cross pattern in the in between top part as so.
4. From the bottom “point” of each zig-zag bring the tape down to the point of the bottom of the diamond like above.
There’s the finished diamond! If you are wondering, mine came off the wall just fine without doing any damage.
DIY #2: DIY Birthday Card!
The next DIY is this birthday card with a washi-tape present on the cover!
I just used normal printer paper for the card but I recommend using construction paper instead to make it much more durable. I folded the paper in half, cut it and then folded that in half to make a card.
1. Cut out a small square from the paper, I made mine about 3 centimeters by 3 centimeters.
2. Start covering the square with tape, you can do whatever pattern you’d like.
3. After you finish “taping” your square, glue or tape it onto your card.
4. I also made a tiny bow with the yarn to make it look more like a present.
5. To finish my card I glued on the bow to the card and wrote “happy birthday” below it.
That’s the finished card, I think it looks good for how easy it was to make.
DIY #3: DIY Tape Pencils!
The last DIY are these taped pencils. I made these 3 different ways but you could think of many others too.
I used some random pencils to make mine as well as obviously tape.
1. One way I made the pencils was by placing strips of tape and wrapping them around as if they were stripes.
2. The other way I made my pencils was wrapping the tape around the whole pencil diagonally.
3. I made another one as well (below) where I just covered the metal-eraser piece with tape.
These are the finished 3 different pencils! I was able to sharpen mine pretty easily because I used paper tape -not the plastic type.
Things to Decorate With Washi-Tape:
- Phone Cases
- Plastic Bracelets
- Makeup Brushes
- Water Bottle
I hope you enjoyed this post and try out some these DIYs/ideas. Have an amazing week!