Blogger Recognition Award!
Hi it’s Carly, I hope you had great weekend. Today I have a blogger award! I was nominated for many awards recently and thank you so much! I was nominated twice for the blogger recognition first by Liv and then later on by Marble Beauty, so thank you so much💕
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them, providing a link to the post you created.
How My Blog Got Started:
I started my blog in April 2015, after watching 1,000 diy tutorials on YouTube. I was inspired by all of the amazing people on YouTube/WordPress. I thought that it was amazing how you could make a post and put it up on the internet to help/inspire others. I originally started my blog as just an art blog and did zentangle + mandala posts (btw I have a post like this coming on Friday 😉 I would post like honestly once a month or so… but in about September/October of 2016 was when I started making MUCH better quality posts and posting WAYYYYY more consistently.
Advice to New Bloggers:
1. Post Consistently But Not so Often the Quality Suffers
I definitely saw a HUGE difference in traffic my blog got when I posted more often but if those posts don’t have good quality photos, correct grammar etc. it definitely isn’t worth it. I would likely just end up deleting it later on because I wasn’t proud of it.
2. Don’t Make a Post Just Because the Topic is Popular
My other tip is to not just make a post that you don’t want to make or don’t enjoy making just because you think it’s popular or you think it will get more views, likes, comments etc.
I hope you enjoyed this post, I had so much fun making it!